Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blog 1: Why Take Creative Writing?

Have you ever felt a passion; a deep burning desire within yourself? I have. This passion that consumes my soul is for writing. For as long as I can remember, I've always felt this yearning to put my mind on paper so that the world could know what I was thinking; what I was really like. When the opportunity to take a Creative Writing course jumped out at me, I snatched for it real quick. It is a way to express myself with written words rather than spoken ones; which everyone who's close to me knows that it takes preparations for me to be able to talk about myself aloud. Writing comes more naturally to me than speaking and I'd much rather spend my time doing something I love rather than trying to pass the time doing something I'm not comfortable with. It was also because of my motivational teacher that I took the class; she's always been supportive of me and willing to help with what she can. I adore her for that, even if I'm not vocal about it. I am determined to continue writing throughout my entire life; I could never give up something that allows such freedom...never.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to say that agree with you, I think I write way better than I speak. I feel that words just come to me when I am writing. Most of the time when I speak I feel tongue tied!! Welcome to Creative Writing!!

    Ms. J

    ReplyDelete