Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blog 24: Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is supposed to be for lovers, where you spend the day oozing over each other and giving chocolates and paper hearts, but not for me. This year is the first year I'll have a boyfriend on Valentine's day and we can't even spend it together. Lucky for me he's a sweetheart and is going to make time for us to Skype on that day. It's upsetting to look around and see people who have a lover in the same town or less than a few hours away who cry about not being able to see them that afternoon when they get to see them every other day. Even a weekend would be better than not at all. I would give anything to be able to see him for even one day out of the month. Despite his hour phone calls and reasuring words I wish we could be together. To my joy he'll be taking leave time to fly down for my Senior Prom which I'm actually stoked for this year suprising enough. But that week we'll get to spend together out of the months we'll be apart will be absolutely magnificent. I can't wait to see him again. So I think this year for Valentine's day I'm going to take my mom out to dinner and buy her some chocolates and a paper heart; that way we won't feel so alone. So be happy if you have your boyfriend/girlfriend here with you even if you only get to see them on certain days; cherish your time together because you never know how long it'll last. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment