Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog 29: What to do

What do you do when the possibility comes up that you have a greater chance of not doing what you love rather than doing what you don't love? Most people spend their time, especially in growing, thinking and studying things that they love or would love to do with their life; not thinking about things that they don't love. So what's supposed to happen when you're faced with the predicament with having to pick something you don't love for something to do as a living? Do you just suck it up and face it; pretending to love it; or do you grudgingly do it against your will and do it only because you have to? I'm lost...there's so many things that I won't be able to do or would have to do in moderation if Wednesday tells me I can't. Doing what I love, I got injured and may have to have surgery, and I don't find out until Wednesday whether or not I can continue doing what I love. I've thought about what I'd rather do in place of something that I love and it took me a few days to actually finalize what broad category I'd like to do: psychology. Even though I hate paper pushing, it's the only thing I can do if surgery is in line. Whatever it is, I won't be able to push myself like I always do, I'll just have to slide by because going too hard has a high possibility of re-ripping or tearing it. I hate being helpless, even feeling helpless makes me so frustrated. I hate this and even though I pray for the best, I fear the worst is going to happen. Thank you to those that are being so supportive when I'm down, it honestly helps the most on days where I don't know if I can keep it together.

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of areas out there that I think you would be happy in. Just follow your heart. When you get to college you will take so many different things that something else might pop out, and if it does take it as a hint ;). You are a very talented girl, don't let anything get you down. When a door closes, a window opens in its place. Maybe this is your real path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for all the motivation and comments, they're great! I'll take your advice gladly! I found out this morning that it's just a swollen lymph node and it'll just take time to heal, and of course, be sore the whole time. I'm on so much medication it's sickening but I'm just glad I don't have to have surgery and give up what I want.

    ReplyDelete