Monday, February 14, 2011

Blog 28: Surprise!






So everyone knows that I've never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day before and well this year I was planning on my mom being my valentine, we even went out to lunch today. Well, this was planned because my boyfriend has to work nights now so he's at work before I get out of school and doesn't get off until late, usually around 10 p.m. So naturally I was in a bad mood all day because I wouldn't get to see him let alone talk to him (thank the Navy for that one) and after school mom was talking to me about it all while bringing me upstairs. I didn't know what she was doing it for so I asked. She laughed and opened my bedroom door and sitting there on my desk was a dozen roses with a card, a giant fuzzy teddy bear whose heart says "I Love You" (the one in the photo), and a box of Russell Stover assorted chocolates. Of course it made me grin and I was blubbering but it only got worse when I read the card; it was from my boyfriend! I started crying and everything; I almost started jumping up and down! He's such a sweetheart, I'll never seize to be amazed by him. The only reason it surprised me so much is because he didn't mention anything about it, even agreeing to celebrate Valentine's Day together when he comes back for my prom (which was his idea). I love him so much! He knows just what to do to make me smile; he's amazing! I can't wait until I see him again, I'm going to tackle hug him for sure. So that bad mood that I was in vanished and I can't seem to stop smiling. Sometimes secrets are a good thing and good surprises definitely make someone's day a lot brighter. Males, take a hint and do something special even if its not Valentine's Day and females, you know you can always do the same thing. I say this almost too much: cherish what you have and never let go.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great valentine's day. It's good to know that you have such a sweet boyfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joshlyn, I had a great day! And yes, he's definitely the sweetest. Brooke, which quote are you talking about, lol?

    ReplyDelete